10 February 2009

The Beginning

I've been training stunts for about...5 years now, and I've had some work, some breaks, and luckily never broken anything. Now I'm working towards getting work consistantly, having stunts be a career more than a hobby, and gettign more chances to do these things that I love.

I find myself with one major problem. What I often find is that I have no control over the look of what I do - someone else is often shooting, and I don't necessarily like how action turns out when someone who's not familiar with action shoots it. So often you get music video hodge-podge or Bourne-style disorienting flashes. What I want to start working towards is creating some work on my own - expanding my skills in the area of action direction.

Don't get me wrong - I still want to better my stuntman self, but I can't help but want to improve the look of these hits, falls and strikes that I've worked so hard to develop.

Innate of this - I put together some choreography with the good people at Asylum Stunts and figured out some angles. Then, the good people of Lazy Brown Productions helped me edit up the material. Here's what came out. Watch in high quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment