15 February 2009

Editing and posting Video online

I'm editing stuff for myself. Well, for myself and others, but still...editing on my own.


And why is that you ask? Well, guess what? Working in Chicago, there's no plethora of work available for you - you're either a successful actor or not - agent or no. Now, there's varying levels of success, but as someone who's strength is not in pure acting, I need to do what a lot of beginner level stuntmen have done and are doing - promote myself, and produce my own videos and content.

I'm not gonna say that it's necessarily easy, but I've had help - some good people to show me the ropes and the basics, make suggestions and offer critique - I almost feel like it's too easy - that is, until I try uploading videos on different places online. Youtube worked well. Almost excessively well I want to say - but that's google for you - they run a good show. Facebook? You'd think that facebook would be as valuable, if not more valuable with the contacts and networking implicit to it. But no, for whatever reasons, various people, including myself are having a dickens of a time uploading stuff there. Not sure if it's technical incompatibility, some doofus move on my part, or the fact that a site that big wants to limit storage space and bandwidth. Generally, it seems like users are having a harder time working with larger files - and with raw AVIs, that's what a lot of people are going with - mostly, because it makes a HUGE difference in the video quality.

Still...maybe have to do some compressing. I just hope it doesn't end up looking like the low qual version on youtube.

Nonetheless, I just finished putting together a demo clip from footage compiled at asylum stunts.


Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment